1 / 3
Caption Text
2 / 3
Caption Two
3 / 3
Caption Three margin testing

Friday, May 7, 2010

Jackbeat lets you experiment with creating music for free

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/05/07/jackbeat-free-audio-music-sequencer-multitrack/
Jackbeat

I always like to think that one day, I might make some music. Hey, a guy can dream. If that day ever comes, I might try to start with free software such as Jackbeat. Jackbeat is, in the words of its creator, "a free multi-platform audio sequencer for musicians and sound artists."

So, you basically get a timeline and a bunch of tracks -- you put a sample on each track, and then throw that sample on the timeline wherever you see fit to make your composition.

The concept itself is nothing new, and that's a good thing for Jackbeat. The program uses a familiar interface so that the learning curve can be reduced for many people already familiar with similar apps. It also means that Jackbeat can be used as a stepping stone onto more advanced solutions that cost money.

The interface seems rather simple. I know that it does far less than REAPER, for example, but at least it looks like something I would be able to approach. Just looking at REAPER's interface makes me feel like I could never make it work correctly.

There are some music samples provided which show off what Jackbeat can do. I listened to a couple and was really not blown away. It's basic stuff, but I guess sometimes "basic stuff" is exactly what you need to get your feet wet without drowning in complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Windows和Ubuntu双系统完全独立的安装方法

http://www.ubuntuhome.com/windows-and-ubuntu-install.html  | Ubuntu Home Posted by Snow on 2012/06/25 安装Windows和Ubuntu双系统时,很多人喜欢先安装windows,然...